Saturday, September 23, 2006

Orchard Street Memories


Although Fresno isn't the greatest City in the world, it is home to me. I find comfort here. I know exactly where I'm going and exactly where things are. I love sitting on my parents front porch on Saturday afternoon's with the wind blowing and the sun shining. It's at that moment that I start thinking back to all of the fun-filled days that have taken place on Orchard Street. We're talking about baseball games in the front yard (but now that the tree is gone, we no longer have a 2nd base), street football (which I was amazing at :), capture the flag, cops and robbers, skateboarding and of course: golf (don't ask about that one...) As I walk by each house on the street I can tell you who lives there now or who used to live there years ago. Friends grow up and move away, new neighbors come and life continues. But the memories I hold from my childhood are priceless to me. I find comfort in that. Although I don't live in my parent's house on Orchard street anymore, it will always be home to me. I don't think I'll live in Fresno for the rest of my life, but it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Thank you Jesus for the little things in life that bring me great comfort and joy. PTL.

No comments: