Thursday, September 14, 2006

Brownies and Corn Bread


It's Wednesday night. Tonight was one of the most relaxing and fun nights I've had in a really long time. Tonight consisted of time with the BFF (j.lo), a box of corn bread mix, a box of brownies and some really good slow churned (1/2 the fat!) ice cream and the Country Music Awards. Jen and I chatted, made some corn bread, ate some corn bread, kept chatting, baked some brownies, ate some brownies and ice cream, all the while still chatting. It's amazing how much we have to chat about when we get together. We could talk for hours and hours or we can just sit on the couch, eat some brownies and ice cream while watching the Country Music Awards and be perfectly content with that. It's a beautiful thing. I use the word "beautiful" a lot, but nights like tonight are truly priceless in my eyes. Both my heart and tummy are full of good things--good food and good conversation. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: