Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Jen!!


Today is Jen's 24th birthday.

We have now officially known one another and been friends for over half of our lives. Wow. As I thought about what I wanted to include in this post, lots and lots of memories began to flood my mind. This girl is more then just a friend...she is the one who knows me better than anyone else, can understand and describe how I'm feeling even when I can't. She's the one I laugh the hardest with, eat the most with :) and have shared countless conversations that have challenged, encouraged and brought both tears and laughter (often at the same time!).

There really are no words to describe how blessed I feel to have Jen in my life. Even though I count her as my best friend, she is family to me and my family. We are so different in many ways, but I think our differences are what makes us such good friends. She can speak into my life like no one else can and when she gives me "that look" and get serious I know I better listen up--and whatever advice she gives me, I gotta admit, she's usually right...

So today is YOUR day J.lo (and I can't quite remember when I gave you that nickname...but it sure has stuck!) so I hope you eat lots of good food, enjoy a few Funfetti cupcakes and know that I praise God for who you are and for the countless blessings you have brought to my life.

Here's to 24 and moving on...

143!

1 comment:

Derek said...

I agree, miss j.Lo is one of the most amazing women I know. Well, I think BK and j.Lo hold the same level of amazingness. I love you both!

Happy Birthday Jen!!!