Monday, September 1, 2008

When I Open My Door...

Since moving to a different apartment on campus a few months ago, I've learned a few things about my new place. The location of the apartment I now live in is right next to a walking gate, where many people come in and out of throughout the day (and night).

This past Tuesday I had the morning off and woke about 9:00am. It was wonderful to get a chance to sleep in a bit after three weeks of being super SUPER busy. Around 9:30am these lovely ladies stopped by to borrow some syrup for the waffles they were making. I opened my front door as they were leaving and just at that moment someone else was walking by who I hadn't had a chance to talk with in a while. So as the lovely ladies left, another visitor came in. It was about 10:00am at this time. We chatted for about an hour. Then as I opened the door again as visitor two was leaving, another person was walking by who I had been playing "Facebook Tag" with, as we had been trying to connect for a while.

As guest number two left, guest number three came in and we chatted for about 45 minutes. As it was about time for them to head out, I realized it was 11:45am and my morning was gone--and I still had not got ready for the day and I was supposed to meet D. for lunch at noon--which we did have lunch, but given all the morning visits, I wasn't ready right at noon. Oh well....I was okay with that, given that I had the chance to have some really good conversations and spontaneously catch up with people.

It was a ton of fun to chat with all of these people and get to catch up some. I love having people over to my home!

But I'm learning I just never know who might be walking by when I open my front door...given where I live...you really never know!

Right J.lo? :)

1 comment:

Madi said...

i love this story because it is so you.