Saturday, March 21, 2009

Where does the time go?

I seriously think that time always goes by fast, but it seems to fly by even faster during the spring time! Had some fun stuff going on with some pictures to be posted soon. A quick recap:

--Went to Nevada for a few days with two wonderful and crazy friends, Dani and Mallorie. Mal is from Nevada so we stayed with and hung out with her family, while we enjoyed the small town feel. And when I say "her family" that pretty much means half the town...that girl knew everyone! It was a lot of fun. Love those girls a lot. Pictures to come soon.

--Just got back from my first wedding of the year tonight (two more to come in April!). I dated a guy in college and while we were dating, I got to know his family pretty well. Today his sister got married and I was invited to join in the celebration. I also got to see and spend a good amount of time with my friend Courtney and her husband Drew, who are wonderful and so much fun. I went up Friday afternoon and stayed the night at their place and came back late tonight. After spending time with them, I always leave having laughed a lot and feeling incredibly refreshed. Time with them was good for my soul. Really good.

--Got my first pedicure of the year today too. It was about time to start wearing flip flops and bring those toes out from their winter hiding!

--I now have internet on my phone and it's crazy addicting. What have I got myself into??

--I'm continuing to learn the power and value of a listening ear. I've tried to be better at listening over the past month or so and have been incredibly grateful to those who have offered a genuine ear to me.

--My brother was in town for a few days and we had the chance to hang out for a whole evening. It was a lot of fun and so good to catch up. There is surely no one like that guy.

--I filled out my first NCAA bracket ever this year and it's been a lot of fun to follow. Tim (my brother) was the one who told me I had to do one...so I did...and I have to say I'm doing pretty well!

--As I look ahead to summer I'm really looking forward to all the summer fruit!!

No comments: