Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Love and Be Loved


Wow, I can't believe it has been 20 days since my last post. And the past three weeks are a bit blurry to me. I feel like I've been going non-stop since I started my new job and just now am I beginning to feel like I'm able to relax a bit. Life has been busy. And I think life will always be busy, I mean we can make it busy, but sometimes I think it takes a lot more effort to just sit and be than it does to go, go, go. There will always be stuff to do. This morning as I sat down on my couch and had a bowl of cereal, I began to think of the things I needed to do that day and started feeling guilty for having a day off yesterday. I am being reminded daily of how important it is to take time for myself and time to sit and be with Jesus. There are some times when I don't want to just sit, but God calls me to slow down and simply listen.

As I look back over the past three weeks I can't help but smile and laugh a bit as I stand in awe of God's faithfulness. I feel like so much has happened, and through it all I grew, I cried, I laughed, and I am now stronger. Praise Jesus that he doesn't allow any hurt or situation to go unused. With growing up, or just growing in general, comes growing pains and Jesus is like a cold glass of milk wanting to help make our bodies (and faith in Him) stronger. There is still a lot of unknown in my life and I'm beginning to become okay with that. Love and Be Loved...I'm not sure which is harder, but I'm working on both. I hope you are too.

No comments: