Thursday, August 9, 2007

Busy Days

The days have been full and the nights have seemed short lately. Busy days are upon me as I prepare for students to come back, being a bridesmaid in a wedding (which is out of town) and preparing to go out of town three weekends in a row. I am entering into my busy season of the year.

So in light of all the busyness, I may not be able to post as much in the next two weeks. I'll do my best to pop in every now and again when I can, but I just wanted to give the four of you who read this a heads up about it :)

Right now my legs are throbbing and the days ahead appear be long and busy. I was literally running around (or as best as I can run with a broken tail bone) doing things this morning before work and I got an overwhelming sense to stop. Just stop.

So I stopped, I sat down on the bed, and took a moment to breath. It was in those moments that Jesus reminded me that though life is busy, I can not loose the heart behind why I was doing all that I did. It's easy to run from one thing to the next, here and there, pack this, email them, call her, etc... but I can't forget that all of those things have people involved in them and I can't loose sight or miss an opportunity to have genuine conversations with the people I see.

Life can easily become a "to-do" list, but behind all those "to-dos" are people who God places in my life for very specific reasons. You never know who you might meet and what opportunities will be put in your path. Lord knows I can become so narrow minded about things and tasks that I need to be reminded that His plans are bigger and better than mine.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Remember to breathe regulalry. God has got your back. I am having to remind myself of that lately too! It will all be okay! I love and miss you a lot! Who knows when we will get to see each other again...I hope sooner than later my dear friend! 143!

Dakota House said...

So true, my friend. I will be praying for Peace in the Craziness for you. It is essential, and I am pleased to see you have already figured that out.

I love you, beautiful woman of God.