Sunday, August 5, 2007

Who Would I Be?

I was tagged by Eric to do this...here we go...

If I could be a famous historical figure I would be... Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR) - This man served as a U.S. president for twelve years and is known as a central figure in the 20th century during a time of worldwide economic crisis and world war. Talk about a man with a lot on his plate...but he handled it so well. I think this is one of the reasons why I like to watch the movie "Pearl Harbor" because I am reminded of how crazy a time it must have been during WWII and FDR had no choice but to step up and lead a country who had been hit...and hit hard.

If I could be a celebrity I would be... Mary Tyler Moore. She was beautiful and I LOVED to watch the Mary Tyler Moore show with my mom. In many ways she reminds me of my own mom--and that makes me smile.

If I could be a famous athlete I would be...an Olympic gymnast. I still don't understand how they do it and make it look so easy.

If I could be a famous musician I would be...Bono. For one, he has a cool name. For two, I like U2's music and three he stands for something bigger than himself.

If I could be a famous Christian mover and shaker I would be...C.S. Lewis. I love reading his writings. I love that he is raw and thought-provoking in what he says. And he never pretended to try and have all the answers, but rather simply laid out facts and thoughts and leaves it to the reader to decide. "A Grief Observed" is one of my favorite of Lewis' books. Talk about raw emotion as he writes and grieves about loosing his wife--who was undoubtedly the love of his life--but through the grief he brings it back to the hope he held and the sovereignty of God...whether seen or unseen, describable or indescribable, there is a purpose for everything.

Okay, I tag Derek and Jamie and Jen (even though you don't have a blog, although you should, you still should do this :)

***And as a disclaimer, this was a lot harder to do then I thought. I started it and had to save it and come back to it days later. Watch, you start it and you'll see...

1 comment:

Derek said...

Haha, I will put this on my to-do list and get back to ya! =) LOL. Mad love BK!