Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm Pretty Sure It Was A Fish...

I went floating on the Kings River on Friday and it was a ton of fun. We had food, lots of big rafts and a good flowing river. The river is pretty low this year due to the lack of rain/snow, so in some areas it's easy to stand up in. I was floating along in a black innertube with my feet dangling over the side in the water. I was enjoying a rice crispy treat, when all of the sudden I felt something nibble at my toes. I'm pretty sure it was a fish or some sort of amphibian. Needless to say I let out a little girl like scream and quickly rearranged myself in the tube with my feet out of the water.

I know it seems silly--I mean it's a river so of course there would be fish in there. But I didn't expect them to attack my feet!

And then to add on to the interesting sights/experiences...

As I'm floating down the river with a few other girls, we come upon a rope swing and about 7 high school boys taking turns swinging and then landing in the water. One of the guys had the idea that they should all strip down and swing on it naked with their swim shorts on their head. I looked up and saw one guy jumping in the water and turned my head down and said "Hmmmm, was that a naked guy on that swing" and the other girls, also laughing with their heads down said "Yep, sure was." Of course the guys found it to be hilarious and were clearing enjoying themselves.

You never know what might happen or what you might see when you go floating down the river...

2 comments:

Derek said...

That is too funny! More power to those men! Real men will swing naked!

And BK no bad dreams of fish attacking you in your sleep ok? Really they are good creatures.

Jen Anderson said...

if 'real men' swing naked...

does that mean that they
will take you to dinner
or just wanna be naked with you?