Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Praying Extra Hard..."

Today I was talking to a friend and told them I was "praying extra hard for them". And then later on I stopped and thought, "What does it really mean to pray "extra hard" for someone? Does it mean you pray longer, more intensely and does that mean the harder we pray the more God will listen?

I think there is definitely something to be said about being consistent in our prayers, as pray is really about changing the heart of the one who prays, but I don't think it factors in to what the answer to our prayer will be. All that to say I'm pretty sure I won't be using the term "praying extra hard" again in the future.

2 comments:

Dakota House said...

I like this post.

I like you.

Anonymous said...

good call, becky kruse. : )

maybe "praying extra hard" really means recognizing others' needs, getting beyond ourselves, acknowledging god's work by not focusing on our own... "extra hard."

i can't help but think that god created prayer so that we would be more in touch with our neighbors' hearts and our own hearts, and from that connection we get in touch with god's heart.
maybe?