Monday, February 9, 2009

I was a jerk...

This afternoon I was driving down Kings Canyon avenue and there was a car in front of me going REALLY slow.

We're talking 5-10 mph under the speed limit kind of slow. I wasn't in a huge hurry, but I really didn't like the slow pace she was setting.

We approached a red light and I stopped behind her. I was annoyed and was trying not to think about it so I turned up my music and started singing along. The light turned green and she started to go, so naturally, I also began to accelerate.

Then she suddenly brakes and decides to just stop. She stopped and just sat there while the light was green. Needless to say after following this slow car for a while and then having her stop right in front of me, I was pretty annoyed.

So I honked. And I can't lie, I kinda sorta laid on the horn...only for like 3-4 seconds (please note this is me now trying to justify my honking...)

I could see her stare at me through her rear view mirror.

I finally had the bright idea to turn my music down and then I heard it...

The sirens from the approaching ambulance.

That's why she stopped. She wasn't being a dumb driver. She was obeying the law. I was the dumb driver.

Like I said, I was a jerk.

So to the lady that I unnecessarily honked at, if you're reading this....I'm sorry.

Please forgive me. I was a jerk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bec... your not a jerk, I would have done the same thing! But then again that might make me a Jerk! I love ya and I'm excited for wed!

Luke Mundy said...

LOL. I've done the same sort of thing before.

Eric said...

You are a jerk!!!!

Madi said...

I love how you wrote this. I was feeling like you were spot on, and then when I got to the punch line, I felt like a jerk too.

Derek said...

That is priceless! A memory of horns I will never forget with you is the famous NYC cab situation. I still laugh thinking of your shrieking!