Thursday, February 5, 2009

This has been on my mind a lot lately...

"Don't doubt in the darkness what you know to be true in the light"

As I heard this quote, it resounded with truth. It's always easy to question the truth when we find our self in darkness or going through dark times. Although when life appears to be "on track" and things seem to be going well, we usually don't question the truth that we must cling to, when we're standing in the light.

As I heard this quote, it reminded me all the more how important it is to cling to the truth that God is unchanging and although situations change, and people change and relationships change and circumstances change and LIFE changes, HE doesn't change.

Ever.

3 comments:

Luke Mundy said...

Interesting... I'm actually in the middle of writing a song on doubt. Where's the quote from?

BK said...

Hey Luke,

It was a quote taken from a book "Heroic Faith" and a former president from Wheaton College, Dr. V. Raymond Edman is credited for the quote.

Schmidty said...

So true!! I wrote that same quote down when I heard it that day. And I have a note on facebook about the exact same idea on change...Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever!! Awesome thing to remember.