Friday, October 16, 2009

Learning: really good but not always easy....

Let me first start by saying, I think learning is always a good thing, but not always an easy thing.

:: It feels like grad school is kicking my butt...but I'm trying my darndest to kick back. In the end, I will win. I know this.

:: It feels like it's been a REALLY long year. I feel like so much has happened--and so many things I never expected would happen (both good and bad). I think I'll have to take a whole day towards the end of December to reflect on all that God has done and taught me this year.

:: I am looking forward to the holiday season and want to embrace what's left of this year for all it's worth.

:: There is a man by the name of Jerrod Bradley who has come into my life, and he was an unexpected blessing. This man understands what it means to love God and love people like few I have met before. He understands what it means to give and accept grace daily and he challenges me in ways I've never been challenged. And he's my boyfriend. And I like him. A lot.

:: I think August and October are by far the busiest months in my life. August came and went, now it's just a matter of getting through October. Busy with lots of good stuff, yet still busy.

:: Being busy is a drug and I may need to go to rehab...

:: I went to the fair this year and ate tacos, cinnamon roll and gelato. Umm Umm Good!

:: Dani and Mallorie stayed at my place for a few nights and it made me feel like I had roommates. They would be really fun roommates :)

:: Seasons come and seasons go and to that I say, PTL (Praise the Lord!) Some seasons I can't wait to be over and others I wish I could stay in forever. But just as their is great beauty in the weather seasons changing, there is also great beauty in the changing seasons of life.

:: My birthday is coming up and I'm going to be 25. 1/4 of a century. So 1/3 of my life is over, although I hope to live past 75.

:: I've ate more chocolate and candy in the past two weeks then I have in the past two months. And next week won't be good either... You only live once, right?? :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

i liked the link to the "boyfriend". I'm excited for you too!!! You sound busy and stressed, take care of yourself! Praying for you!!!

Neen said...

Becky! I so love reading your posts, they encourage and inspire me. I'm glad that thru the hi's and lo's of life, you are able to seek the blessings. You are so precious to me. Oh and You eat that chocolate girl, you derserve the best always! I love you :)

Madi said...

i always enjoy these little tidbits from you. they are always so insightful. and i loooove the one about grad school...i'm right there with ya!

Unknown said...

great post you have done here. I wish to check out this post. contact Sky email