Saturday, November 10, 2007

Lifes Little Instructions...

For my birthday I received "Life's Little Instruction Book". I was reading through it today and thought I would highlight a few that stuck out to me. These aren't in any particular order but they all rang true to me in some form or fashion...

--Compliment three people every day.
--Live beneath your means.
--Be forgiving of yourself and others.
--Keep secrets.
--Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
--Stop blaming others. Take responsiibility for every area of your life.
--Admit your mistakes.
--Eat prunes.
--Don't take good health for granted.
--Forget the Joneses.
--Choose your lifes mate carefully. From this one decision will come ninety percent of all your happiness or misery.
--Make a habit to do nice things for people who'll never find it out.
--Put a lot of little marshmallows in your hot chocolate.
--Know how to change a tire.
--Remember peoples names.
--Keep your watch five minutes fast.
--Use seatbelts.

Now here is my take on these things...

--Compliment three people every day - The world would be so different if everyone did this.
--Live beneath your means - Part of my issue with buying a new car...
--Be forgiving of yourself and others - Easier said than done...
--Keep secrets - Isn't it interesting how word gets around about who can keep a secret and who can't?
--Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday - Yes and Yes.
--Stop blaming others. Take responsiibility for every area of your life. - This is something Jen and I talk about often.
--Admit your mistakes - It's humbling and good for the soul.
--Eat prunes - I LOVE prunes!
--Don't take good health for granted - "You don't know what you got till it's gone..."
--Forget the Joneses -
--Choose your lifes mate carefully. From this one decision will come ninety percent of all your happiness or misery - I'm sure there are many people out there who can speak to this truth.
--Make a habit to do nice things for people who'll never find it out - like putting money in a person's expired parking meter...it's such a good feeling and they'll never know you helped them out and potentially saved them from getting a big fat ticket.
--Put a lot of little marshmallows in your hot chocolate - and lots of whipped cream!
--Know how to change a tire - at the age of 23 I can now say (after mulitple tire issues) I do know how to change a tire!
--Remember peoples names - I wish I was better at this...
--Keep your watch five minutes fast - or in my or Jen's case...twenty minutes fast.
--Use seatbelts - One word: Eric *cough cough*

4 comments:

Jen Anderson said...

keep that watch fast.
best thing i've done.

for you logicals out there,
this probably makes no sense to you.

but that's okay.

great blog.
made me smile.

xoxo.

Derek said...

I does not make any sense and beyond that I believe the two you still are often late...am I correct here?

Dakota House said...

Nice post, my friend. I especially like your comments.

My favorite: --Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.

Love you.

P.S. I always have my watch set 10 minutes fast. And it works, oddly. Because I forget I set it ahead! Pathetic, but true.

Anonymous said...

forget the joneses. amen!

if they can't even come up with an original name, are they really worth competing against?

bk, i'm glad you're around. thanks a lot for that slushie, i needed it.