Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yes...What He Said...

A few days ago I redecorated my office. I printed out some great pictures I've taken of students and with students and enlarged them, printed them in black and white and framed them. But the focal point of the wall is this quote. I bought a magnet that has this quote on it and I simply photo copied it and enlarged it and it looked great--and really artsy.

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope at the end of my life I will have succeeded...

You should come check out my office.

5 comments:

LisaJean said...

can i come see your office on thursday? it sounds cool!

Sarah Rhoads said...

I want to check out your office:) And I want to talk to you instead of playing phone tag. Expect a call sometime tomorrow. Hopefully we will not continue this madness.

Melissa said...

Wow. Such a talented writer you are Miss Becky. I wish I could come see your office...

Dakota House said...

by my count you are well on your way, friend.

LY

Madi said...

Beautiful. I'd like to frame that in my class someday too.