Monday, January 19, 2009

Just a few...

I haven't really posted many blogs of actual substance lately. I've come to realize, for whatever reason, I tend to post less when I'm thinking more. Strange, I know. It may be because I have so many different thoughts going on in my head, that it's difficult for me to actually put them into words, let alone cohesive sentences.

So, instead of trying to craft a cohesive post, I'm just going to bullet point a few things that have been swirling around in my mind lately...now granted, these are just a few...

0 The idea of seasons has been on my mind a lot lately. Not like the seasons of the weather (although I have LOVED the warm spring like weather we've been having lately!) but more so the seasons of life and what makes up a season and how we transition from one to the next.

0 I've been drinking more water lately and less diet soda and within two weeks I can already see and feel a difference in my body and skin. Many of you know I LOVE Diet Pepsi, so it hasn't been easy...

0 I was looking at my calendar a few nights ago and realized Spring is going to fly by with so many things going on. Between a busy season at work, to weddings, to high school ministry outings, to bridal showers and bachlorette party weekends, there is a lot going on.

0 As of lately I've learned I still have A LOT to learn about myself, others, God and the world as a whole. And come to think of it, I think I will ALWAYS have a lot to learn about these things...

0 At times I've seen myself try and control my life rather then enjoy it. Not only have I wanted to control my own life, but I've wanted to control others, and that never proves helpful to anyone.

0 I am excited to watch the presidential inauguration on Tuesday.

0 One of the houses I house-sit at makes strange noises and scared me more then once. And then my mind started to play tricks on me and I had to remind myself I was being silly. Just plain silly. Many of you would have laughed at me...actually all of you probably would have...

0 I need to love more, pray more, listen more and judge less.

More to come...

3 comments:

LisaJean said...

I like the last one best. Ditto for me. Love you Bec!

Dani said...

You have definitely been reflective

Derek said...

I just want you to know that I love you so much! Your blog posts really make me smile. You're an amazing woman Rebecca Marie!