Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Debated Question Update...

In my last post you can see I posed the question "Do you believe the saying: Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

And I promised I would follow up with that...

The reason I asked that question was in response to a conversation I had with a friend about this statement. I've come to understand that this statement can be debated in many ways--all mainly based on personal experience.

I think regardless of if one believes this statement to be fully true or not, by thinking about it, it seems to bring up a lot of past experiences for people. Experiences where they felt like life was almost too much to handle...but they some how managed to survive.

This statement raised a lot of questions in my mind. Go with me here...

--Is it too bold to use the word "whatever" which is all encompassing in a statement like this? Does everything always make you stronger?

--What does "makes you stronger" mean?

--Is being "stronger" always a good thing?

--If something doesn't kill you but leaves you severely wounded is it better to look for healing in those situations instead of looking to be stronger?

Just my thoughts...

No comments: