Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Has Risen...He Has Risen Indeed!

I love that as I get older I have started new traditions for different holidays. Actually I should say Jen and I have started new traditions of things we do together since neither of us are married--or any where close to it for that matter.

On Easter we attend church together, but the past two years we've gone to a church that we normally don't attend. I don't really know why we go to a different church--but it's a lot of fun. After church we then usually eat and hang out for a while. This year we came back to the house that I'm house-sitting at and made deviled eggs and green bean casserole for my family's Easter dinner.

But what's most fun about it all is that we've started these traditions on our own. As adults. And I love it.

Hopefully in the years ahead we'll establish traditions for other holidays, but for now we have our own traditions for Christmas, Martin Luther King Jr. B-day and Easter. Sometimes Thanksgiving too!

Oh what fun!

He has risen...He has risen INDEED!

1 comment:

Madi said...

how did the eggs and green beans come out?

.....and have you tried making that pasta again =)?