Sunday, March 25, 2007

Woo Hoo...You CAN do it!

I drove down to Paso Robles (a city about 2 hours south of Fresno) today at the crack of dawn (actually it was before the crack of dawn, because it was still completely dark when we left at 5am this morning) with my friend Art to cheer on and support my friend, his girlfriend, Emily as she took part in a half marathon run (that's 12.1 miles).

It was early, but well worth it. We got to cheer and scream and jump as runners of all ages from all backgrounds ran past us in hopes of being that much closer to finishing the race. Adrenaline was in the air and excitement built as all the runner lined up on the line. It was exciting and fun to be a part of (even though I did run in the race).

That's still on my list of things to do in the next 2 years...and it will not be erased or crossed off until it's complete.

In other words, get your running shoes out again D...!

Pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

Derek said...

Haha, running shoes are out BK. But I veto running in summer when it is freaking hot!

Derek said...

Becky Kruse on 3/27/07: "Oh we can so do it. I really learned the key isn't speed but rather keeping a consistent pace (and not running on hills at woodward park!) I think you should sign up and get on the waiting list--I did last night. Because there are a lot of people who sign up, there is a waiting list right now for CA residents. If you just go to the website and follow the instructions you can put yourself on the list and it doesn't cost anything at this time. Do it for the sake of it and then we can chat a little more about it :) We are going to do a freaking 1/2 marathon...and it will be great...even if it kills us...what a way to go!"


Derek Abbott on 4/4/07: "Now what lil miss rebecca??? We were accepted!!! Hahaha! Maybe my running in summer comments were correct! Haha!"