Saturday, March 3, 2007

I Ate It...Hard...Again

On Friday morning I followed my normal routine and went running with my friend Emily about 7:30am. We run about a three mile course and the first 0.5 miles of the run were great. The air was crisp and the sun was shining. Our route runs along side railroad tracks, which A.) I don't know is the saffest and B.) Actually I know it's not the safest. I ran by the tracks by myself once and I will NEVER do that again...just a little too shady for me...like the perfect murder scene...

Okay, I admit it, I watch too many of those crime shows.

So every time Emily and I run by the tracks there is always a whole bunch of junk on the side that people dump, even though it is a NO DUMPING area. There is a TON of junk--old mattress, metal pipes, couch cushions, bags of trash, wooden boards and nails, etc...

It's kind of like an obstacle course when we run because we have to jump over random items that are on the running path. You would think one of us would trip over some of this stuff--but we haven't yet. No, you see I managed to jump over and run around all the junk and trip on a rock. Yes, a rock.

Em and I were running when all of the sudden my foot hit a rock that was stuck in the ground and I began to fall in what felt like slow motion. Natural instinct set in and I tried to catch myself but just scrapped up the palms of my hands in the process. In the end, I had two scraped up palms, a scraped knee and a bruised thigh.

Not bad for a morning run. It wasn't as bad as this, but it brought back memories of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats unfortunate, bk...kinda reminds me of your back accident last year. you gonna be ok or should i check it out?

artikkus

Arthur Negrete Jr said...

oops, i meant to say, "bike" not "back"