Thursday, December 6, 2007

One Christmas Gift Down...


Jen and I like to go on late night walks. Now when I say "late night" I mean like 8:30pm so not super late, though it is dark out. We have our normal spot we meet at and we have our routine route that we walk. And we don't just walk. We walk, we talk, we laugh, we sing, we jog (sometimes) we cry (not all that often, but it's happened) and we dodge dumb drivers in cars...which leads me to telling you what I'm buying Jen for Christmas...

Reflective clothing OR reflectors for her clothing.

As we were walking the other night we cross a street and reach a corner leading into a neighborhood. There's a BMW coming directly at us so I walk one way and Jen walks the other. The lady in the car rolls down her window and says to Jen, "I really couldn't see you at all. I wanted to let you know that."

I begin to laugh inside as I look at Jen and already know what she's thinking and what she wants to say to this lady.

But Jen nicely replies: "Okay, thank you."

I look at Jen and start busting up laughing.

Apparently we need to wear reflectors on our clothing and a hat with a blinking light so people can see us.

But I'm sure even if we wore that stuff we could make it look good.

I'm thinking a neon pink jump suit for Jen and neon green for me. If we wore that we would totally be bringing sexy back...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot pink wasn't just a bastardized color of the eighties. You should try to pull it off. Maybe compliment it with some electric blue.

Sara said...

... so maybe this is silly, but I really think it was nice of the lady to tell you that she couldn't see you. She was afraid you could get hurt and didn't want to see that happen. I think we've all had a scary experience driving in the dark when suddenly a person pops up out of nowhere - if you know you're going to be out walking, maybe brighter clothing at least wouldn't be a bad idea. Bicycles need reflectors, so why not walkers? I'd rather not see my Becky get hit by any cars!

Jen Anderson said...

you forgot to add that i walked in front of her car...

her headlines shined right on me.

AND

she had a stop sign, so she should have stopped anyway.

stupid lady.

Anonymous said...

reflector jackets? oh baby!
tristan knows what's going on.

thanks for your messages today - no worries, i love rain checks!

Derek said...

I could totally picture this! I freakin love you girls! Stories like these make me remember how much I do! PTL for BK and j.Lo.

Jen Anderson said...

one more thing...

there will be no need to bring sexy back.

my dear,
it never left.