Thursday, May 8, 2008

Paradigm Shift...

Today one of my former high school students (who was highly involved in Youth For Christ when I served there) came into my office. She is attending FPU next year, which she is quite excited about as am I! She just got back from spending 10 months in Portugal doing ministry while working with missionaries. We chatted for about 25 minutes and in that time I could tell the things she did and experienced completely changed her worldview and broadened her understanding of herself and others.

As she and I talked, I was reminded of two things:

1. God is at work outside of Fresno, outside of California and outside of the United States. I've learned on a bad day I have the tendency to become so self focused--sometimes missing the point that there is SO much outside of what I know and experience.

2. God is at work in Fresno, in California and within the United States. In the same way I can miss seeing all that God is doing around the world, I can also miss what God is doing in my midst...and in my life...and in my job and ministry...and all around me...

Thank you Katy for helping me remember these things.

1 comment:

Madi said...

i like that word, "paradigm."

when i realize the size of God...which, sadly, isn't often...i always feel thisbig...which, of course, isn't that big. but always, always, i'm left in awe and wonder.