Sunday, November 2, 2008

Oh How Time Goes By


The picture above is of my two brothers. Okay, technically I only have one brother, Tim (on the right) and Brandon (on the left) is Tim's best friend. They've been friends for over 20 years now...since they were about 5 years old. Tim and I are two years apart, so I was about 3 years old when they became friends, so really, I've grown up with both of them as my brothers.

We, along with a few other kids always did stuff together. In our neighborhood would play cops and robbers, baseball in the front yard, (using both trees and sprinkler heads as our bases), football in the street, Royal Rumble on Sega Gensis, have water ballon fights, play catch and "pickle" with the baseball in the backyard, walk to the near-by convenience store and stock up on way too much candy and soda, and at the end of each summer we would walk together to school to check the posting to see what teacher we had for the upcoming year.

Lots and LOTS of memories. I just found out tonight Brandon is engaged. His fiancee Jessica is a wonderful girl--I really like her. She's real...and funny. They haven't set a date yet, but today my brother jokingly said, "Yeah, you might be invited to the wedding..." To which I responded, "Trust me, I've been to plenty of weddings and this will be one I will surely crash if I'm not invited...!"

Congrats Brandon and Jess! Oh how time goes by...

No comments: