Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Voted

I think this has been one of the most heated election seasons by far. With the uniquness of the presidetial candidates and all of the campaign and propostion ads that infiltrate our lives (through tv, radio, email, news commentaries, campaign signs on the street, etc...) this has been an interesting (and in many ways dishearetning) season to say the least.

I've heard lots of coversations and arguments, watched too many campaign commercials and read too many inappropriate email and Facebook comments/debates.

I voted absentee so my vote has been cast. I have lots of friends whose political ideas and convictions fall ALL over the board. I didn't vote soley in one direction (Rebuplican or Democrat) but rather, I looked at both sides, prayed (a lot) and voted based upon as much truth as I could find.

Some would be appalled at what/who I voted for. And that's okay. I don't claim to know it all but I do know that I refuse to let how I voted be a dividing force or factor in relationships. Period.

At the end of the day, I know this: God is soverign and He is not surprised by what has happened or what will happen.

He see. He knows. He understands.

I do not see all. I do not know all. I do not understand all.

I really feel that how one lives and treats people on Novemeber 3rd and 5th is more important then how one votes on November 4th...

No comments: