Sunday, June 17, 2007

I am officially cool...

I am officially in the "cool bike riding club" (well, I'm not sure there is such a club, but if there were, I think I would be in it) because I just got my first (maybe second...) bicycle helmet. I have to say I felt weird at first wearing this big thing on my head, but I know, I know... "it's for my safety". And I think as I've got older, I've actually wanted to wear one. I don't tell many people (especially not the parentals) but I've had a few close calls with stupid drivers of motor vehicles and one time a picket fence... Not to mention annoying little dogs chasing me.

So next time you see me riding, which many of you never do, I'll be easier to spot now that I'll be wearing a big black helmet.
And guess who bought me this helmet? Of course, my mom. It was important to her that I wear it, and I've learned to pick my battles, and this one I chose not to fight.
Who wants to go bike riding with me?!?

No comments: