Saturday, July 21, 2007

10 Things I Love About Camping....


1. The fresh mountain air.

2. No cell phone reception, which means no ringing phone.

3. Snacking all day long.

4. Smoked tri-tip and grilled corn on the grill for dinner.

5. Washing my hands in the creek.

6. Getting dirty and not caring.

7. Spending time with my dad and brother and my dad's best friend and his son, who is also like a brother to me.

8. Listening to the farting and burping contests put on by the guys. I guess that's what happens when you're the only girl up there. Maybe the Lord is preparing me for the day when/if I have a son of my own...

9. Playing horse shoes and loosing...but loving it.

10. Playing cards for hours, laughing, talking, and simply enjoying time together surrounded by big trees that remind us how big and powerful God is.

4 comments:

Derek said...

Aww, sounds like you had a great time! I think I am hearing a camping trip for D, BK, and j.Lo again soon! Hahaha!

I am off to have no cell phone reception for a week...PTL for no calls! C ya when I get back from camp. Love ya!

Jen Anderson said...

Eh, that camping trip will NEVER happen.

He can continue to dream...

BK said...

Okay, if not that camping trip, how about a different one...?

haha.

Jen Anderson said...

It would either have to be...
without him, or
without me.

Your choice.
I wouldn't take it personal.