Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I think I have a little friend living with me...

Go with me here...

I think I have a mouse in my apartment. Here is what I have to go on so far:

1. As I was vacuuming and cleaning up before my new furniture arrived for my living room, I noticed what I thought could be "mouse droppings". I didn't think too much of it and said to myself, "Oh Becky, you're being silly".

2. This afternoon I was sitting in my apartment talking with one of my RAs when I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I was almost certain I saw something run from my kitchen to underneath the couch. I took a flashlight and looked around under there, but didn't see anything.

3. Actually all I have to go on is number 1 and 2 so far.

So tonight I'm doing an experiment in order to see if my hypothesis is true. I'm going to put a piece of cheese on a plate and put it on the floor in the middle of my living room. And here's my thought: if the cheese is still there in the morning then no mouse, but if the cheese is gone or has been nibbled at then I'll be moving in with Jen for the next few days.

And of course, I was talking to my mom on the phone and I was telling her about my mouse hypothesis and of course, what did she say? "Oh honey, a little mice won't hurt you. It's just looking for a warm place to sleep. It's getting colder outside you know".

Yes mom, I know. But my apartment has no vacancy.

I'll keep you posted on the results of my experiment...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hm. Maybe movie night should be at my place this weekend.

You said something funny at the meeting last night, and I was about to mock you (in a "oh becky, how I love you" kind of way of course,) but now I can't remember what you said. How sad. Maybe Dani will remember.