Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekend Summary

Felt super busy...but had so much fun.

Let's start on Thursday...

Left Thursday evening with my friend Holly on a drive up to Hume Lake to spend two nights with her and her family and a whole bunch of people from their church for some good old fashion camping. It was very relaxing and a lot of fun. We played cards, ate good food, hiked a little, I found a little rock by the creek that quickly became my favorite afternoon reading rock. I'm currently reading this and enjoying it very much.

Drove back down from Hume on Saturday night. I washed some clothes and then repacked in preparation for leaving again on Sunday.

Sunday morning I drove down to Orange County, Anaheim to be exact, with a friend to see my brother and watch my friend run in the Disneyland 1/2 marathon (that's 13.1 miles to be exact). It was so much fun. I got to hang out and have dinner here with my brother at none other than one of the favorite places of all times. I ate at Downtown Disney two nights in a row and had breakfast at IHOP this morning.

It was fabulous, though the weather was not as fabulous as all the food was. It was HOT. I'm talking record heat for southern California. We're talking sweat-dripping-off-my-back kind of weather. It rivaled the heat we feel here in Fresno. There was no escaping that heat this weekend!

Just drove back this morning (after stopping at IHOP :). I really do love road trips. There is something that makes me smile about being on a road trip--it's a feeling I can't quite describe in words, but it's fun to goof off, sing in the car and stop for fountain drinks along the way.

3 comments:

Derek said...

I think we need to take one soon! Maybe j.Lo can join us? Just like old times! =)

Sara said...

PANERA!!

When is it openning Becky?

Sara said...

It's true - life experiences change the way that we view God. But that doesn't change who God is, does it? God is apart from us and exists outside of our perceptions, so maybe the seeking God is a process of peeling away at the life experiences and biases that prevent us from seeing His nature for what it is. Or maybe not... just a thought :o)

Thanks for you encouragement - you know it's my favorite thing!