Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Where Were You on Setember 11, 2001?

I was with Jen in my car arriving to school a few minutes before the bell rang to go to class. We were in my car, pulling into the parking lot when we heard for the first time the report on the radio that a plane had crashed into the Twin Towers in New York.

We looked at each other very puzzled--not sure what to make of the news we just heard. We were in disbelief--shock--it didn't make sense.

We each went to our first period and there was nothing but talk of the horrific occurrence and TVs on in every class.

I think most people can vividly remember where they were when they heard the news for the first time. It's one of those things most people in our generation will be telling their children some day... "I can still remember where I was when I first heard the news..."

I can't imagine loosing my father or mother or if I had children, loosing a child or if I was married, loosing my husband in such a tragic event. It's not fair--but we're never told life will be fair. But I'll say it again, it's not fair.

The attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001 will be one of the many things we won't understand in this lifetime--so we cling to Jesus--the author and perfecter of our faith--the one who knows more and understands things in which we never will.

1 comment:

Derek said...

I will never forget Matt Lung calling and waking me up at 630am telling me that the US was under fire. I flipped on the TV, called my mom into the room and we sat is disbelief. It is hard to believe that was six years ago now.

It is unfair to think of all the lives that were lost but life is not fair. You are so right, the only thing we can do is cling to God.

Thanks for the blog BK.