Saturday, October 18, 2008

"He is worthy of my praise – even in the midst of intense grief..."

I can only hope if I was in their situation, my faith would remain as strong as their's... This is what my cousin Dave posted on his blog...

"It is moments like this that truly cause you to reflect on your faith.

Thursday morning Melissa and I found out we lost our daughter. 6 weeks from her entering the world and we find out that her life has ended. We are devastated. The thought of holding her, enjoying her smile and laugh, discovering her personality and the ways God gifted her are no longer possible. Instead we are left with tons of questions, many of which I do not think we will ever have satisfactorily answered.

The doctor cannot tell us why she died. It probably has something to with the cord. He did say it was nothing Melissa did or experienced. He also said 1 in 400 people go through this, we are part of the 1. On Tuesday, he will induce labor and Melissa will spend one night in the hospital in New Albany, MS. The doctor will run a few test to try and determine what happened in the womb. We are tentatively planning a grave side service Thursday morning in Pontotoc, MS.

Several people have said they want to do something but don’t know what. I’d like to share a few things with anyone interested. Please know that this is difficult. Not just for us but for anyone trying to express how they feel. If you don’t know what to say, that is ok. A hug in silence is meaningful. This also will not be something we (we being anyone affected by this) will deal with in a week. It will take time to work through the emotions and questions we have. Thank you in advance for the love, encouragement and patience you will provide in those times. Prayer is a great thing. If nothing else please pray for us, our families, our friends, the youth group we are so privileged to minister to and others who are affected by this.

I could type all day about how we feel or the questions we have I share this and then head back to be with family. Right now we are like Job. We are unsure of why this has happened. We have questions for God. But I know that God is bigger than this and for whatever reason we are going through this, He is worthy of my praise – even in the midst of intense grief. I know that my little girl is before Him right now, praising Him. That is comforting in some small way. God is giving us peace and I look forward to the day we can rise from mourning and grieving."

No comments: