Friday, October 17, 2008

When There Are No Words...

My cousin Dave and his wife Melissa found out today, that after being pregnant for 8 months, they lost the baby. There aren't full details yet of what happened, but they went into the doctor for a routine check up and when they did the ultrasound, the baby's heartbeat (a little girl) was no longer able to be found.

It's moments and times like these when life seems to stop and we are reminded of how precious life is. I have absoultely no idea what it would be like to carry a baby for 8 months, and then learn that it was no longer alive...yet still inside of me. Absolutely no idea. They will induce labor on Tuesday, and will have a graveside service next week.

They waited and tried for so long to have a baby and this was their first one... There really are no words.

So we pray. And mourn. And pray. And trust. God is in the midst of it all and it's only in Him can we find comfort in times when there are no words.

Prayers for Dave and Melissa and the family are appreciated. Praise God for the comfort that He and only He can bring.

1 comment:

Madi said...

Oh my goodness...my heart goes out to your family. I too, cannot imagine what that must feel like...I can't even bear.

A man in our bible study group lost his wife two weeks ago. He is amazing...his smile and laugh are just as beautiful and contagious as they were when Tina was alive. His faith in God that she is with him brings him so much peace and comfort...it's amazing. I hope your family can experience the same.