Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Here's To Your Health: Super Foods

I researched what foods would be classified as "Super Foods" which are foods that EVERYONE should incorporate into their diet to help prevent various types of cancer and build a foundation for a long and healthy life. Here is the list of foods that I found:

Beans
Blueberries
Broccoli
Oats
Oranges
Pumpkin
Salmon
Soy
Spinach
Tea (green or black)
Tomatoes
Turkey
Walnuts
Yogurt

When incorporated into your regular daily diet, these foods, can stop some of the changes that lead to diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension), Alzheimer's, and some cancers.

I like all of the foods on this list--except salmon can be a little too fishy for me (no pun intended!) In the past week I've eaten 9 of 14 of these super foods!

How many of these foods are YOU eating?

2 comments:

Derek said...

I've had 2...woo hoo! I am in the super negative! =(

Eric said...

I have had a lot of these this week in some way, shape or form.
Here is the list:
Bean Dip
Blueberry Muffin
Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Honey & Oats cereal
Orange Juice
Pumpkin Pie
Artichoke Spinach dip
Fried Turkey leg
Brownie (with walnuts)

I am super healthy!