Monday, April 9, 2007

I Admire You

So tonight for my weekly meeting with my RA girls, I decided to have an Easter egg hunt in a few locations. We did one egg hunt outside and one inside. The eggs outside had a "would you rather..." question inside of it and once everyone found an egg we gathered back together and read them out loud to each other--very fun.

The eggs that were hid inside each had a name of someone in our small group. Everyone was told to find one egg and after everyone did that, we grouped back together. We sat around and I told the girls they had to say three words that they would use to describe the person who's name was in their egg and say something they admired or had learned from them by working with them over the course of the year. I know, it sounds a little cheesy, but really, it wasn't and some good stuff was shared.

So, I decided I would do the same thing and share about five people--three words to describe them and something I admire, so I decided to use the last five people I talked to on my phone as a starting point...

J.lo
Three Words: Whitty, Compassionate, Personable
Admiration: Her ability to be honest with people without making them feel judged. Also, her ability to see and go beyond the surface with people she meets.

Derek
Three Words: Reliable, Caring, Persevering
Admiration: His ability to get things done--if Derek says he going to do something, he does it. He is one of the most reliable and dependable people I know.

Jason
Three Words: Giving, Sincere, Honest
Admiration: His sincerity and honesty when speaking--Jason won't just give compliments to give them, so when he does, you know he's being honest and you can really value what he says.

Neen
Three Words: Sweet, Loving, IncluderAdmiration: Her sweet spirit and desire to include everyone. Neen never wants anyone to feel left out and she is always looking out for other people. She also has an A-ma-zing memory...much like J.lo does.

Eric
Three Words: Relaxed, Humorous, Caring
Admiration: His ability to be laid back and take things as they come. He's relaxed and is able to look at situations and not be overwhelmed by them. I admire his calm spirit and assurance that things will always work out.

More To Come: Art, Steph R., Steph M., Emily, Court, Kris, wow...the list could go on and on...!

No comments: