Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Needed To Hear That

About a month ago I was with a friend and I was ranting and raving in the car about how I felt church was full of fake people and full of politics and full of things that I don't think point people to Jesus. I mean that's the purpose of church, right? To point people to the cross--to the one and only who has something eternal to offer.

And then he reminded me, "Becky, the church is made up of people...and people are sinful. There will never be a perfect church, just like people will never be perfect."

I needed to hear that. I needed to be reminded of that by someone completely on the outside of my past and present church experiences.

I don't think I ever told you thank you, but thank you for reminding me that Jesus is bigger then the sins and imperfections of His people. And He continues to pursue us...relentlessly.

No comments: