Thursday, May 31, 2007

Land of 10,000 Lakes

Minnesota... "Land of Ten Thousand Lakes" is where I'm at right now. Today was a whirlwind with a few unexpected things thrown my way, but at least it keeps me on my toes.

Slept about two hours last night, went to bed at 2:00am and got up at 4:00 to leave the house at 4:45 to go to the airport and catch my 6:00am flight to Minnesota (via one layover in Denver).

Flights were good--went by quick. I listened to a few sermons I had been saving on my ipod so that was good.

All went well, and went to pick up my luggage and it wasn't there. No one knew where it was. It wasn't on the flight I went on. Oh and that's a whole other story, but after a long morning and afternoon of traveling I was exhausted and being told my luggage was lost, didn't help anything.
Got a rental car. Actually a rental SUV. Having a new to drive makes me want one. I LOVE the smell of new cars.

Checked into my hotel--all went well there. And it's only about a mile away from the Mall of America.

Rested for about a hour and then hit the mall. It is 4 stories, including a roller coaster inside of it. It has every store you can pretty much think of. For you Fresnans, combine Fashion Fair Mall, Fig Garden, Riverpark and add in some more speciality and luxury stores (Bloomindales, Nordstroms, ETC) and you have Mall of America.

But it's huge. I was there for 5 hours and only got through one of the four stories. And I was exhausted. I bought a pair of jeans and a shirt to wear tomorrow, since I have no clothes at the moment. Boo for lost luggage. Double boo.

Got Subway for dinner. Took it back to the hotel.

Took a bath. Ate some ice cream. Watched Food Network and am still waiting for my luggage to arrive. Fingers are crossed and prayers have been sent up.

No comments: