Thursday, April 24, 2008

Do You Dance In Your Bed?

I've been at the hospital with my mom for the past few days as she recovered after having her thyroid removed. All went well and her recovery is going smoothly.

I think the highlight of my time at the hospital (besides eating sphagetti for dinner with Jen in the cafeteria) was my mom's roommate, Mrs. Anderson. She shared a room with my mom and didn't have too many visitors, so I would help her if she needed small things (more water poured, another blanket, etc...).

Mrs. Anderson was in her late 80's and legally blind so that made things all the harder for her.

My heart smiled when I overheard this conversation she had with one of the nurses...

Nurse: Mrs. Anderson, your sheets are all tangled up. Have you been dancing in bed?

Mrs. Anderson: No ma'am I haven't been dancing in bed, but one day I'm going to be dancing in heaven.

You are right Mrs. Anderson...you are so very right...

4 comments:

Sara said...

Ohhhh! She sounds like someone I would love. How sad that she didn't have people to visit her. I will visit her. Give me the address.


Hey - I know you. Aren't you the girl I'm going to go to Magic Mountain with sometime this month? Yeah, I thought so.

Dakota House said...

Beautiful.

LY

Derek said...

That is so awesome. I enjoy dancing in bed and in heaven. Mrs. Anderson sounds so sweet! PTL for her!

Madi said...

Not gonna lie....I got tears in my eyes reading this.