Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy 115th Birthday!


Can you imagine living to be 115 years old? This woman, Edna Parker, is recognized by Guinness World Records as the world's oldest known person. She was born on April 20,1883. On Friday, Edna laughed and smiled as relatives and guests released 115 balloons into sunny skies outside her nursing home. Dressed in pearls, a blue and white polka dot dress and new white shoes, she clutched a red rose during the festivities.

You better believe she deserved to get some new white shoes for her 115th birthday party!

Wow. If I live to be 115 years old that means I have 92 more years to go...!

5 comments:

Derek said...

I hate to say it but she doesn't look all that great. I am proud of her, however I think its time she go and be with Jesus. I can honestly say I never hope to be that old. However, maybe your Grandparents will hold the new record BK. They are movin pretty good!

Madi said...

wowzers...wouldn't you just love to sepnd the day with her? i

Anonymous said...

if you live to be that old, i'll get you some new white shoes. you just let me know.

Sara said...

She is absolutely adorable!
I love old people!

(And with that, I break my vow of blog silence. Maybe there will be a new post soon!)

:o)

Dakota House said...

Check her out. She's got red nails. Lovin' it.

So she could tell some amazing stories... just like my Grampo.

LY