Monday, April 14, 2008

Thoughts From The Throne

Another new adition and only two more left for the school year! Enjoy!

I love life. Well, I should say I love most things about my life, though I don’t always love everything that happens in life…but all in all…I love life.

And I love that there are seasons to life. Just like the weather changes season (except when you live in Fresno and it’s 94 degrees in April…what’s up with that?) so life has seasons. Some seasons are bright, sunny, radiating beauty and goodness. Other seasons are dreary, raining (maybe pouring) and dark. But whether good or bad, nonetheless there are seasons. And seasons change.

Think back to August…the first week of school. You may not have known very many people and you may have been new to Fresno all together. August seems like such a long time ago. Many of you would probably say, “So much has changed in this past year…” You have most likely met new people, had new experiences (maybe both good and bad) and have had opportunities to be involved in the community at FPU.

It’s amazing what happens when you take time to reflect on the year as a whole. It’s often comical to think back to who you were 8 months ago—life happens and people change. It’s always encouraging when one can look back and see growth in their life for the good. Although, I also recognize some of you may look back and see that you’ve become someone you never wanted or expected to be. Or maybe you’ve made small changes that have started you on a path that you know will only continue to lead you further in the wrong direction.

Even though life can get crazy and seasons can turn from bright and sunny to dark and dreary in a matter of a day, God isn’t surprised by what’s happening. He knows you. And I mean He really knows you. I’ll be the first to admit that even though I follow Christ I still mess up. And often it’s not pretty. I’m beginning to learn more and more that it’s through the difficult seasons of life that I learn and grow the most. I’ve learned more through seasons of pain and heart ache then I have in my seasons of rejoicing.

Even as we follow Christ it’s made known that it isn’t that we are perfect now or that we will never have to struggle again, but rather when we do struggle we can look and cling to a God who is constantly wanting to restore us back to Him and grow in us an understanding of his deep love and grace.

And I wish that growth process didn’t hurt so much sometimes. Often trying to go around difficult or painful situations is a whole lot easier then going through them. But something happens when you face life head on and enter into what may be a difficult season clinging to God’s promise that He will walk with you through it.

Just as the seasons are about to change, so I am also changing and I hope you are too. Change can be incredibly scary but indescribably good at the same time.

Until Next Week…

No comments: