Saturday, July 22, 2006

Beauty In The Aroma

I like perfume. Specifically Clinque Happy. I like the way it smells and I like to smell good. I wear it almost everyday. My perfume has a certain aroma to it and often times people tell me when they smell that specific aroma, it reminds them of me. Just like perfume gives off an aroma, so I think we should have an aroma (or something like it) that draws people to Christ. I want to be the aroma of Christ. Have you ever met someone and instantly you could tell something was different about them? Just by being around them you were captivated by their beauty--and not physical beauty necessarily but rather who they were on the inside that literally shown through and created great beauty on the outside. I have a friend like this and she is captivating. Her smile and her genuine pursuit of Christ is something I often stand back in awe of. She is one who asks hard questions about her faith and often times doesn't get answers, but that doesn't stop her from asking. That's my kind of girl. She's willing to put herself out there, knowing full well that she may not get exactly what she is looking for, but she's willing to take that risk. She has the aroma of Christ surrounding her. It's funny though, because she wouldn't say that she does, but she does. It is my prayer that when people interact with me, that they see or rather sense, that there is something different about me. I want people to smell the wonderful aroma of Christ and start asking questions of who could create such a beautiful scent. Ultimately I want my life to point others to the Savior. I have very little I can offer people on my own, but Jesus has a ton to offer. And His offers are free...not like those late night infomercials you see that charge you an arm and a leg for a mop that cost $0.54 to make. It seems those are the only things on late at night. Jesus is always "on" and ready to spend those late nights with me. PTL.

No comments: