Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Why Should We Hire You?


Being that I just graduated from college, my resume has become somewhat like my new best friend. Starting about 6 months ago I began to compile my resume, references, cover letters, etc... All in hopes that I would get a job after I graduated. Well it is July now and still no job. At first I think to myself, "Wow, I am a loser. I have a college degree and I have no job and little idea about exactly what I want to pursue in life". But that brings us back to what seems to be the theme of my week (and the past 6 months): God Knows. Yes, yes He does. But I don't. And that bothers me. I want to know. I want to know where I'll be living in 6 weeks. I am a processor and I want time to process the transition in my mind before it happens. But we don't always get what we want (can I get a PTL for that?). About three weeks ago I had an interview for a job in San Francisco. I had an initial phone interview and then went up to San Fran and had an on-site interview. The people were great and I felt as though I could truly see myself living and working there. Now, three weeks later, still no final answer about that job. I shall find out in the early part of next week. In a lot of ways I have kinda put this job out of my mind and I haven't really considered the possibility that I might just get it. It's easier to have your hopes down and bring them up rather than have them up and watch them fall down. It hurts more when dissapointment sets in and I don't like to be hurt, therefore I don't get my hopes up. Makes sense, right? So right now I have no idea where I will be living in six weeks or what I'll be doing. It is exciting in many ways and I'm sure I'll look back in 20 years and think, "Wow, those were some exciting times back when I was in my early twenties". I'm learning to enjoy the present season of life, ambiguity and all. Just one of the many things I am still trying to learn. And tust me, there are many.

No comments: