Friday, July 28, 2006

God's Faithfulness In The Midst Of My Doubt


A recent job opportunity that has emerged for me. I have been in the "job search" and interview process ever since I graduated college in May and even well before that. I was interviewing for a position within Student Development inhigher education and specifically I was looking to be a Residence Director (RD) at a university. (If you're interested and for those of you who may not know exactly what a RD does, below I attached a little more info about it) I had multiple interviews with various universities in different regions of the country and was open to moving outside of California if a job arose that seemed to be a good fit for me. I had about a lot of different interviews, many phone interviews and a few on-site. Little did I know that a job would come up in my own backyard...

And now to the good news... as of Thursday I was offered and accepted a position at Fresno Pacific University as one of their three Residence Directors. As of two weeks ago there was not a Residence Director position open at FPU, but as things turned out, a position did open up which opened the door to this opportunity. I had multiple interviews and as of today it is official. I start on Monday and will be living in an on-campus apartment and will be moving in this weekend. I never expected to be working at Fresno Pacific. Though I am very excited, I really thought I would find myself to be testing waters outside of California, but I am happy to be staying!

God's timing in this all is amazing. Throughout this whole process I have learned a lot about myself and about God's faithfulness. I can't say the interview process was an easy road for me. I began feeling discouraged as it was about to be the beginning of August and I still didn't have a job. However, it is a road I'm glad I traveled and now when I reflect back I can see God's purpose in it all.

I am excited to start this new chapter of my life. I am once again reminded of how blessed I am to have so people in my life that provide me with their prayers, encouragement, support and interest in what God is doing in my life. He's always up to something... Ready...Set...Here I go...into the "real world". Is there really such a thing?

No comments: