Saturday, July 15, 2006

Old School Peeps


My friend Scott and I don't talk on the phone very much, but when we do it's always an enjoyable conversation. I just got off the phone with Scott (who lives in the Bay area) and we chatted for about a hour about all sorts of stuff. Scott is dating one of my good friends, Nina, and I actually met her through him...if that makes sense. I've known Scott for over 10 years now and it's crazy to think of all the things we've done and different phases of life we've passed through. I called him tonight to inform him about my job (or lack there of one) and left him a message and he called me back. He's a late night person, so he called me after midnight, which was totally cool, because I was awake as usual. And as you can tell by the time right now I'm still awake at 2 in the morning. But Scott is a dear friend of mine and though I don't see him all that often and we talk on the phone even less than that, he is one of those friends where we can pick up from wherever we left off last time and just start talking. He's a very easy going kind of guy and I appreciate how he really doesn't seem to worry about things. "Things will work out" he will say and he's always right. Things always do work out. He's a man of faith and I admire that about him. Once again, as I hung up the phone I was reminded of how blessed I am to have people in my life who know me, love me and truly care about me. I also realized how nice it is to have friends that you have history with. I love meeting new people and making new friends, but it's the "old school" friends, who really "know you" (and can remember that really bad haircut you had back in the day) that are precious. I appreciate these friends I have and always enjoy sitting around with them talking about "the good old days" while taking a trip down memory lane. So though he will probably never read this, I would just like to say "Thanks Scott for being you and for being an old school friend of mine". Scott can also make a pretty mean chocolate cake. Yum.

No comments: