Tuesday, July 11, 2006

F to the R to the I to the ENDS...Friends


I am blessed. Truly blessed with amazing friends. And though I do have an inner circle of what I would say is about 6 or 7 people who really "know" me, I am also blessed with quite a few other people who love me, encourage me, make me laugh, challenge me and simply bless me with their friendship. It is a beautiful thing. I just got off the phone a little bit ago with a friend who just came back from a month long mission trip in Figi (I know...Figi...awesome huh?) But it was so refreshing to chat with her for a bit and catch up some. She shared some stuff going on in her life and I shared some stuff going on in mine. It was a wonderful chat and at the end, when I hung up the phone, I was overcome with an overwhelming sense of thanksgiving. And really I was humbled at that moment when I stopped to reflect upon all of the people God has put in my life. People have often said to me, "Becky, you have a lot of friends" and by no means do I think, "Heck yes I do, I am super cool". Quite the contrary. I see it more as God knows how much help I need and keeps supplying me with people in my life to be part of the process. Again I will say it...it is a beautiful thing. Of course I have a BFF (J.Lo...real name: Jen) and nobody really compares to the BFF, but there will be more on her later. If I just look at my life in the past five years I am in awe of how God has consistently put people in my life at the exact time they were needed. This all goes back to God's faithfulness. God is faithful. Friendship is beautiful. I am humbled. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: