Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Calling All Cooks


I just made dinner. It was okay. I mean it was good, but not something astronomically amazing. I made chicken with garlic and basil and fresh squeezed lemon juice along side some mashed red potatoes with olive oil, garlic and rosemary. I was going to cook up some fresh snapped green beans, but I just wasn't in the mood. So I didn't. But the food was good and it's always fun to just try something new without a recipe and just go for it. And if I mess up, it's okay, because it's just me eating the food. I finished the dinner off with this new peach drink recipe I found (non-alcoholic...this time...ha). But I cut up peaches and froze them and then added them to my drink and put it all in this fancy glass. It made me feel like I was having a super cool cocktail. I love to cook and have people over. If you think about it, most activities in our society revolve around food of some sort. You either meet a friend to chat over lunch or grab a Starbucks or Jamba together. It's just the way our society works. And though I enjoy going out for a good meal every now and then, it's also fun to cook at home and enjoy the company of people in your kitchen and the laughter that flows throughout the house. I don't have my own house yet, but someday I hope to and I'll invite all of you over. We can cook, laugh, lounge and enjoy life together. Oh it'll happen...and I can't wait.

No comments: