Wednesday, July 12, 2006

We All Have Our "Thing"

I just came back from spending a delightful evening with a close friend of mine. She is the kind of friend with whom I can chat with for hours and really talk about issues deeper than surface level. Her and I are able to talk about issues of the heart. Tonight was just a good time of talking, laughing, a few tears and most important a time of becoming more in tune with what God is teaching each of us in our own lives. It's a beautiful thing when we allow people into our lives to walk along side us and be part of "the process". It's not an easy thing, but it is beautiful nonetheless. We all have our thing. By this I mean we all have our issues, struggles and hurts that penetrate deep into our hearts. I would be lying if I said I didn't have them. I do. I am reminded of the verse in Phillipians that tells us that God's power is made perfect in weakness and therefore we should boast all the more gladly about our weaknesses for when we are weak than we are strong (that was a rough paraphrase, but look it up...Phillipians 4 I believe). But yes, when we are able to address the "things" (I like to call them "issues") in our life, something amazing happens. When we begin to invite God to be a part of the healing process and allow other God-fearing people to join in as well, great things begin to happen. And I do mean GREAT. We all have our "thing" and it's up to us to decide what we are going to do with it.

No comments: