Thursday, July 13, 2006

Who Let The...Pigs Out...?


Why do some guys feel a need to make stupid sexual comments to women who are trying to enjoy a simple evening walk? You see, this evening my friend and I were enjoying a walk in her neighborhood. The coolness of the night had set in and we decided to take advantage it. We were only walking about 5 minutes when a group of 4-5 guys who were walking on the opposite side of the street decided to start making unnecessary comments at me. I'm not sure why they picked me, but they did. Now granted I was wearing black shorts and a sports tank top (not one of those mid-stomach ones, this covered it all) but still I did not think I was being immodest at all. Anyways, they start saying crap like, "Wooo...look at her...the one in the black shorts...she has an ass on her. Yum...give me some of that." And they kept going! Saying stupid stuff which really made me question if they had even completed the third grade. I of course thought about my options and thought about a few choice things I could trun around and say to them, but I refrained and we just kept walking. This kind of stuff doesn't usually bother me as much as it did tonight (and I'm not saying this happens all the time, but tonight was not the first) but it really bothered me tonight. It bothered me so much that I couldn't really hold another conversation without thinking about it. Why do guys do that kind of thing? And I don't want to sterotype here and say that ALL guys are like this. Praise The Lord (PTL) that there are men in this world who understand what it means to respect a woman, but these guys have obviously yet to grasp that concept. I was not a happy girl tonight. I was pissed actually. I just didn't understand. When guys say stupid (and I do mean stupid) comments like that, do they really think a girl is going to respond and be like "I've always wanted a man who looks directly at my ass and comments on it first thing. He's a winner." Hmmm...let me think about it...no. Not so much. Oink, oink... somebody obviously let the pigs out tonight.

No comments: