Friday, December 22, 2006

87 Years Of Wisdom


Yesterday, my grandpa turned 87 years old. Now this man has more knowledge and wisdom in him than anyone else I know. Not only is he wise, but he is still loving life--working, mowing the lawn, enjoying spending time with his wife (as he ALWAYS tells me that the best decision he ever made in life was to marry my grandma--he loves her deeply and what a blessing that is to see!) and he's always buying little things for his grandchidren and making sure we're stocked up on paper towels, toilet paper, kleenex and Dove soap--all of which he buys for us. I know it can seem strange, but he loves doing it and loves to give to people. He is easily the most giving person that I know which is probably where my mom gets it too.

He's taught me so much about so many diverse things. He teaches me about the stock market, baseball, investing, real estate, buying a car, what kind of guy to date, how to make really good mashed potatoes, and the importance of having a good attitude about everything--and I mean EVERYTHING. And he does. Whenever I ask him, "How you doing Grandpa?" he always replys by saying, "I'm doing great--couldn't be better. I never have a bad day." And he's serious. He tells me the only way he could have a bad day is if his wife left him or if someone in the family died--but other than that nothing could get him down.

My grandpa's goal is to live to be 105 and I think he just might. I can't really describe how much I love my grandparents, but I know I'm thankful that the Lord called me to a job in Fresno, so I'm still able to see them every week and continue to glean wisdom from them.

Thank you Jesus for grandparents and the blessing they are.

No comments: