Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Blue Light Special...


My morning started off with a very loud reoccuring noise and a bright flashing blue light. About 9:00am this morning I was sleeping contently in my bed, when all of the sudden the fire alarm (not the smoke detector, there is a difference--the fire alarm in MUCH louder) started going off in my apartment. Blue lights were flashing and the noise was close to making my head pound. I opened my eyes, not sure what was going on or what I was supposed to do, but something told me I should get up and exit my apartment to make sure it wasn't a legite fire.

It was just a drill--and security apologized for not informing me in advance that this was going to be taking place. They said I could go back into my aparment but the noise and lights were still going on. I went back in, laid back down and put the pillow over my head for about 5 minutes until it all ceased.

I thought for a moment I was at K-Mart during a blue light special when I saw the light flashing.

What a way to start the day...

1 comment:

Derek said...

That is classic! Miss powerful RA Becky should have them fired for not informing her in advance! Hehe!