Sunday, December 17, 2006

True Dat...


"Love is...you before me.

Marriage is...making somebody else's wants and needs your priority."

These quotes come from someone who is married--and how true they are.

I think marriage can be a beautiful thing when these two things are the goal of both the husband and wife.

I started a prayer list a few months back of people who are getting married, so that I would remember to pray for them in their season together as they prepare for marriage (not necessarily as they prepare for the wedding, but rather prepare for the marriage. And there is a difference between these two things...a BIG difference.) And this list has grown tremendously within the past two months. I think I counted that I added on 9 couples in the past 8 weeks.

And the question for me remains...am I ready to make someone else's wants and needs my priority? To always put them before me? Hmmm...

You understand, right j.lo?

No comments: