Sunday, December 24, 2006

Yesterday Was Christmas Adam, Today is Christmas Eve...


I am starting to get my love for Christmas back. I have a friend who loves to tell me that I hate Christmas--this is not the case at all. The past two Christmas' have not been the best for a few reasons, but I have higher hopes for this Christmas and tonight, Christmas Eve, was a good start.

Church and singing of Christmas carols. Good Food. Lots of laughter among the family. Lots of Diet Pepsi (or Pepsi One as my grandpa likes to buy). Time spent with my two lovely cousins. And of course Christmas presents...

Tonight I received:

--A car duster (props go out to my grandpa for that one. But, really who uses a car duster? It truly is the thought that counts and that's why I smiled as I opened this gift.

--"The Joy of Cooking" Cookbook - Newly Revised! Props go out to grandma for this one. She tells me this is one cookbook every woman should own. I guess I am now officially a woman.

--Electronic Sudoku! I love Sudoku

--Scrabble - I don't own this game, but it's a classic to have on hand. And since Eric stole mine, I'm glad I got another one :)

--A DVD - A Beauitufl Life

Tonight was fun and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Though it did seem strange arranging with my brother and parents what time I was going to come over in the morning to my parents house to open gifts. I've always lived there, so there was no need for arranging times. My brother said 9am and I laughed. This suggestion was coming from the man who would hardly ever get up before 11am on any given day. We agreed on 10:30am. That's a little more like it for me :)

Gotta go set out the cookies and milk for Santa...

No comments: